Bad breath is one something that nobody appreciates.Not only is it unhealthy for you, but also for your social and professional life. Imagine if you are about to kiss your other half, or even worse, that hot babe you'd been eying all evening - your bad breath can totally ruin the mood. And you certainly do not wish to be nicknamed 'dragon breath' by your colleagues behind your back. Here are some tips to help you curb foul breath:
1) Having a dry mouth proves to be an excellent breeding ground for bacteria that contribute to bad breath. Therefore, drink plenty of water as this helps in washing away leftover food particles in the mouth, helps in the stimulation of saliva and reducing favourable conditions for the bacteria to thrive.
2) Chewing sugarless gum is a good idea because chewing gum helps stimulate saliva in the mouth. And sugarless because it will help prevent cavities and more fodder for the bacteria.
3) Brushing your teeth well is not sufficient. Cleaning the tongue is as important. With the help of a tongue cleaner or the back of your toothbrush, clean your tongue at least twice a day.
4) Foods like onion and garlic are notorious for causing bad breath and so should be eaten in moderation. If you eat them, immediately use a mouthwash or chew a gum to keep bad breath at bay.
5) If it's not possible to gargle your mouth using a mouthwash after every meal, try gargling with water. This helps wash food particles that are stuck in your teeth and prevents your mouth smelling of food to some extent.
6) Visit your dentist at least twice a year and get a dental check up for cavities, plaque build-up and other dental problems. Cavities can cause bad breath too.