1. Approx 100 million people come to India’s Kumbh Mela festival. This is the world’s biggest gathering of humans.
2. According to India’s Hindu calendar, there are 6 seasons: Spring(Vasanta), Summer(Greeshma), Monsoon(Varsha), Autumn(Sharad), Winter(Hemanta), Prevernal(Shishira).
3. It’s illegal to take Indian currency out of India.
4. Breathing the air in Mumbai for one day is equivalent to 100 cigarettes a day. During diwali it’s equivalent to 113.
5. Biggest family of the world lives in India. The man with 39 Wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren.
6. Police officers in one state in India are being paid to grow moustaches because bosses believe it makes them command more respect.
7. India has the world’s lowest meat consumption per person.
8. According to a study, 61 percent of school children in India have killer germs on their hands.
9. In West Bengal, India, cows must have a photo id card.
10. One woman killed every hour in India because of dowry related crimes.
11. India contributes 70 percent of global spice production.