Were you aware that the humble lemon, apart from adding taste to your food, is also great for your skin and hair?..Lemons have different uses — they're beneficial for your skin, hair and even nails. Read on to know how you can use them...
1) Have a lot of blackheads, which refuse to disappear just by using beauty products? Lemon juice is an effective way to prevent and remove blackheads. Use a cotton soaked lightly with a few drops of lemon juice and gently apply on your face every alternate day.
2) Skin feeling flaky or dry? Instead of using your normal moisturiser, head to the kitchen and make a paste out of honey and lemon juice and apply it all over your face, hands and legs. Add a few drops of water if the paste is too thick.
3) Another very effective moisturising combination is lemon mixed with fresh coconut water. Use it as a face wash every morning and see how fresh your skin feels.
4) Get rid of those unsightly dark patches on you knees, elbows and toes by rubbing a fresh lemon on them.
5) Fix yellow and brittle nails by mixing lemon juice with a few drops of castor or almond oil. Let the slick mixture sit on your nails for about 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
6) Suffering from dandruff and a dry, itchy and flaky scalp? Apply lemon juice on the scalp and see how it gets rid of flakes. Do this about thrice a week for best results.