In a deadly Terrorist attack on an army school in Peshawar, Pakistan on Tuesday, at least 160 people , most of them being innocent students, were brutally killed and 36 others were wounded. Health Minister for the region Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa speaking to scribes announced that even two teachers were among the dead. Taliban spokesperson announced that they got orders to shoot elder students and said the attack was a revenge against Pak military offensive earlier in the North Waziristan region.
Sources in the school said six militants wearing military outfits stormed the Army Public School. School located on Warsak road, Peshawar is part of Army public schools and colleges which run 146 schools nationwide and includes students around 10-18yrs.
Latest Updates of Peshawar Attack:
- As per the Latest death toll rises to 160, and many others conditions is still critical.
- Last terrorist gunned down. Pakistan school siege ends. Pak army takes control of the school. Finally 132 killed and over 200 injured in Peshawar army school attack. 7 hour gunbattle ends.
- The world must unite and redouble efforts to root out terror from every country and society: President Pranab Mukherjee on Peshawar School Atack.
- "and cowardly acts and stand united with the government and armed forces of Pakistan" - Malala
- "My son was in uniform this morning. He's in a casket now." A Parent of the student who died in the Attack.
- "My son was my dream and my dream has been shot dead." Father of schoolboy killed in Peshawar Attack.
- Atleast 132 died, and many students are severely injured.
- As Per Latest Reports 6 terrorists killed inside the army school in Peshawar.
- "This is a national tragedy. These were my kids. This is my loss": Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
- "Words fall short to condemn the Peshawar School attack!Our prayers are with the parents,teachers & all those innocent lives." - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
- PM Narendra Modi reacted, "Strongly condemn the cowardly terrorist attack at a school in Peshawar. It is a senseless act of unspeakable brutality that has claimed lives of the most innocent of human beings - young children in their school."
- Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi tweeted, "These are all our children who've been murdered today. My prayers and condolences are with the families."
- An army helicopter flies over the School that is under attack by Taliban gunmen