Leader of the Opposition YS Jagan Mohan Reddy began his 'Raithu Deeksha' agitation at Tanuku on Saturday.
Large number of party workers, farmers, women from DWCRA groups reached Tanuku to participate in the deeksha. The 48-hour deeksha is being attended by several MLAs including Roja and Chevireddy Bhaskar Reddy.
Along with YS Jagan, several MLAs and district presidents sat on the dias.
The YSRCP chief garlanded the photo of his father late YS Rajasekhara Reddy at the venue marking the beginning of his deeksha.
This two-day deeksha is to highlight the failure of Chandrababu Naidu in fulfilling his election-eve promises. The issues being raised by YS Jagan are:
* The Deeksha is being organised to give a voice to the hapless farmers, women and other sections who were deceived by Chandrababu Naidu's empty assurances.
* The farmers have neither got input subsidy nor are they eligible for crop insurance. They are unable to get MSP due to TDP's faulty policy.
* While total loan waiver was promised before the polls, the amount to be waived was scaled down to Rs 1 lakh and of the Rs 5,000 crore allocated in the budget, only Rs 3,900 crore was released.
* These false promises have hit the rural economy badly and YSRCP has thus taken up cudgels on behalf of the farmers and has decided to raise its voice for the people.
* TDP government has even failed to bring the funds allocated to the state by the Central Government.
* Government has even failed to pressurise the Centre on implementing the provisions of the AP Reorganisation Bill