Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today presented the Union Budget for the financial year 2016-17 in the Lok Sabha. The Finance Minister announced the share of central taxes to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana states as Rs.24,637.36 crore and Rs .13,955.35 crore respectively.
The allocation were done to Educational institutions and other projects in the Telugu states. Their details are as follows.
* POLAVARAM Project- Rs. 100 Crores
* Vijayawada Metro- Rs. 100 Crores
* IIIT- Rs. 20 crore
* Tirupati IIT- Rs. 40 crore
* Visakhapatnam IIM- Rs. 30 crore
* TADEPALLIGUDEM NIT- Rs. 40 crore
* Tirupati IISCR- Rs. 40 crore
* Visakhapatnam Steel Plant- Rs .1678 crore
* Visakhapatnam Port Trust - Rs .231.61 crore
* Central University- Rs. 1 crore