A 14-year-old boy was today electrocuted while allegedly trying to retrieve a kite that had got entangled in a high-tension electric wire, police said. The victim, has been identified as S B Kiran, a Class 9 student. He was flying a kite on the occasion of Makar Sankranti festival in Musheerabad area. The teenager then went to the roof of a two-storey building in his neighbourhood after the kite got stuck in a high-tension electric wire, police said.
“The boy took out a 15-foot iron rod to remove the kite but suffered severe electric shock and burn injuries in the process, and died on the spot," Musheerabad Police Station Sub-Inspector B Bhaskar said.